Fila’s transformation into a leading global designer of high-end sportswear has been one of continual evolution driven by a philosophy of innovation and a dedication to provide premium sportswear crafted to be as exceptional as its wearer.
Project Type: Web Development
Completed: April 2014
Fila expected its website to echo the same tone of innovation and excellence it built its company on. Having outgrown its homegrown e-commerce platform, Fila knew it needed a workhorse platform like Demandware to bring its business to the next level – and it knew Precision Design Studios could complete this migration successfully. In 2010, PDS re-platformed Fila to Site Genesis 1.
Four years later, Fila embarked on a new project with PDS, in which they recommended and implemented the following components:
- An upgrade to the latest Demandware platform – Site Genesis 2
- A completely new site design
- The coding of unique “parallax-type” animation on the homepage that displays new content boxes as you scroll down the page, as well as incorporates carousels of product images and video
- The translation of this complex animation to responsive design so the site functions flawlessly on tablets
- A custom product grid view, special filters, and customized category landing pages